Welcome to the SC Horsemen’s Council
Connect — Communicate — Educate
For ALL HORSES in SOUTH CAROLINA
The South Carolina Horsemen’s Council is YOUR VOICE for the South Carolina Horse Industry . . . SC Horses = SC Business!
Check out the pages of our Website. We are constantly updating it with News to keep you informed & Events and Ideas to help you. We invite you to become a Member or Sponsor so that you will receive our updated e-NewsFlashes, as well as many other fine benefits. When you help with SCHC’s mission, you help Yourself! So click on the Membership page or the Sponsors page TODAY! We look forward to helping you… the Horse Industry!
SC Horsemen’s Council Mission Statement The South Carolina Horsemen’s Council is organized as a non-stock, non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation. Its primary purpose is to provide information and expertise about activities and issues which impact the common interests of the SC equine community and related industry without monetary gain or profit to its members or to any private individual. Through education, communication, and advocacy the Council strives to favorably represent the views of the equine community to the general public, the media, government agencies, and elected officials. The Council encourages related research, disseminates information, and generally supports the common interests of the equine community and all segments thereof. Please view this summary: SCHC and 501c3 Background Information
SCHC Bylaws (Adobe PDF Reader Needed)
The SCHC was formed by equestrians as a statewide organization and is a member of the American Horse Council. Regardless of the breed, riding discipline or segment of the horse community with which the member identifies, the SCHC is working to keep opportunities open for all. The Board of Directors is composed of volunteer members as are all committees. SCHC activities and events are planned and coordinated by member volunteers. The Council is devoted to guaranteeing a future which continues to include horses, horse sports, and equine-related businesses in SC.
What the South Carolina Horsemen’s Council Does For You!
- UNITES all those interested in the SC equine community to promote the common interests of the equine industry.
- REPRESENTS the views of members on issues affecting the equine community in SC.
- EDUCATES members, policy makers and the general public by hosting events such as Expos, clinics, workshops, seminars, trade shows, and conferences.
- INFORMS members and others through publications such as the SCHC Web site , E-NewsFlashes, Bi-annual Newsletters.
- PARTNERS with others in the community through participation in activities such as disaster preparedness plans and sponsoring a youth scholarship program.
- PROMOTES the common interests of the equine community and the industry it creates.
What You Do for the Council Through Your Membership!
- ADD political clout and financial strength.
- REINFORCE the interests of horse enthusiasts throughout the state.
- UNITE with others so that your voice makes a difference.
- HELP support the efforts of the SCHC on behalf of the equine community.
- PARTICIPATE on SCHC committees and in SCHC events.
- ASSURES a future that includes horses and the equine industry in SC.
We encourage all SCHC members to volunteer for one or more of our committees. The success of this organization depends completely upon volunteers giving of their time and talents to the activities that our members have said they want us to conduct. Only through the personal participation of actively engaged members, can we take this organization to the level we all want it to achieve.
Next Meeting: SCHC BOD for information on the meeting